BA Hons Year Two Round Up
A module which aims to teach us about creating fiction films!
In an age of financial collapse and moral decadence, high and mighty governing falls into political elitism, much as fair Policing turns towards statistics and backroom deals…
One quiet day in a quiet tavern, parliamentary candidate Patrick Stone meets with the redundant Detective Greg Hardy on the eve of an important election. But with brown envelopes and a shocking cover up at this off-the-record encounter, what will mean more to Patrick? His integrity and vows or ambition and power?
A module to help us make the most of DVD's by authoring them ourselves.
A module which aims to improve our abilities as camera operators.
We made three practise films which you can view by clicking the links and one final piece which you can view below.
Factual Production - Documentary on Cake Maker
It is primarily a practical unit but to fully understand the form and make the documentaries that you want some knowledge of the social and historical background to the form is essential.
Each week we looked at various types of documentary. We looked at key works which have defined the form and the film makers who made them. We looked at a variety of short films which were similiar in length to the projects we were asked to produce. We also had some key technical workshops concerned with develpoing our skills with different digital cameras, tIme code and also the use of sound -how to record it, how to work with it in the editing process.
For this module we created a film on a Cake Maker and an investigation into busking.
Producing Television - 3 Minute Magazine Show Feature
‘96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood’. This 3 minute feature will give the audience an insight into blood donation, demonstrate the importance of it and show them how they can get involved. The feature will be presenter led, with the audience following the presenter as they find out about donating blood. The audience will gain insight through a knowledgeable health professional, a contributor from the National Blood Service, a person who has benefitted from a blood donation and a blood donor. The feature’s main aim is to encourage more people to donate blood if they are in a position to do so. The film would be part of a ‘health’ theme running on The One Show, to show viewers how they can improve their own health and how they can help others. Future features would therefore include: organ donations, fitness and exercise, healthy eating, effects of alcoholism and help to quit smoking.
Contemporary British TV
A unit designed to learn about British TV and how it's changed through time.